Any tips on teaching CJ how to chew? He has plenty of teeth (7 already!) but he doesn't know how to use them. Any teething biscuits I've found in the store say they're for kiddos who already know how to chew...
Along the same lines, any tips on teaching him to use a straw and /or sippy cup? Same thing-he just doesn't get it. Oh well, guess that won't be one of those easy ones!
I would still get him teething biscuits and just let him suck on them. Is he swallowing foods whole rather than chewing? None of my kiddos have done that, but my sister's son (17 months)just swallows and hardly chews. I'll ask her what she does.
ReplyDeleteAs for sippy cups, hmm, Rita likes her sippy cup with a straw. She doesn't understand the cups with the lid to tilt her head back.
For my oldest to aid with drinking from a sippy we got Nuby squish tips with two handles, that seemed to help since he didn't have to suck so hard. As for chewing, ummmm no advice here. My two year old still has a hard time with that. In fact he didn't do anything but breast milk til he was almost a year. Not even water as everything made him gag or choke. His little cousin is any eating machine with no teeth. Guess every little one sets their own path.
ReplyDeleteI know! Its amazing how different each little one is. I guess I'm just getting impatient for him to learn how to do everything...That's why I'm not in charge I guess... He takes baby food really well, and he'll drink water. I took the stopper thing out of the sippy cup so he doesn't have to suck. Anything solid, like teething biscuits if it breaks apart, he doesn't know what to do with and chokes on it. Little by little, I guess!
ReplyDelete